Remember those kitschy signs people used to put on their pools? Well, think of this as the blog equivalent.
- This blog is a benevolent dictatorship, not a democracy. Lynn & Katie are Queens of this little virtual Queendom. The same also happens to be true for our real life homes, as our husbands and children can attest.
- The Golden Rule prevails on this blog: Do Unto Others as You Would Have Done to You. In other words, before you comment on something, pretend the person you are responding to is your grandma. Are the words you are choosing something you would say to your grandma? If not, you may want to rethink your word choice. (Unless your grandma is a total witch or can put a sailor to shame with her cursing–in that case, pretend you are talking to someone else’s grandma.)
- The Queens reserve the right to remove or disapprove any comment that smacks of spamming, is abusive in tone, or is meant only to embarrass or cause arguments (trolling). Refer to Rules #1 and #2.
- Got an opinion about something? We are more than happy to look over your submission. Please see the Submission Page for guidelines. But we absolutely, positively, undeniably will not accept PLAGIARIZED articles. This includes taking existing articles written by someone else and “rewriting” them. If you want to summarize an article you read and provide a link back to that article, that may be acceptable. This isn’t a content mill.
- Likewise, if you would like to provide a link back to this blog on another blog to talk about an interesting post you read here, by all means do so! HOWEVER, do NOT use a blog aggregator to simply copy the text from our posts to your blog and pass it off as a “portal” or “compilation” of posts. That is stealing. Any use of our posts elsewhere MUST include a link back to the original post here, as well as credit prominently placed.
- THERE IS NO RULE 6!
- Privacy? What privacy? This is the internet, and anything you put on here will live forever. Most of the time, your anonymity is secure with basic precautions. But any government agency or semi-professional hacker can probably trace your internet activity if they really wanted to. The only promise we can make to you is that we will not use any personally identifying information (such as your IP Address) to spam or market you. And we will not ever sell your information. We’d appreciate the same courtesy. (See Rule #2)
- ABSOLUTELY NO PORNOGRAPHIC CONTENT. But we are not prudes, and we are married but not dead. So if you really must share a picture of Shemar Moore in a towel or a cute Ryan Gosling meme, feel free.
- These rules are subject to change and addition at any time. (See Rule #1)