Some days, lightening strikes my brain and my fingers dance a samba over the keyboard. Other days, my brain is locked in a white, padded room, struggling to get out, no one around to hear its cries. Today is the latter day.
I’ve been stuck for a topic beginning with “U”. I thought about umlauts (ü, ä, ë), but I didn’t have much to say about those. A twitter friend suggested ukeleles and umbrellas (and umlauts, incidentally), but I don’t have anything to say about those either. I thought about the phrase “Under God” from the “Pledge of Allegiance”, but again, I have nothing to say about that.
Uh-oh. I’m stuck without a “U” topic for todays challenge post. Wait… there it is… “Uh-oh!”
- Uh-oh… my husband overslept by TWO hours this morning. Not going to be an easy day for him!
- Uh-oh… I was just asked to do a last-minute article for the paper about my kids’ school. Yes, I can do it, and it won’t take too much time. But short deadlines are tough.
- Uh-oh… There are scrambled eggs all over my dining room floor. Do you know how hard it is to sweep up scrambled egg?
- Uh-oh… my daughter got a hold of my mobile and left her dad a very long message on his work voicemail. Well, maybe that will brighten the day for him!
- Uh-oh… I forgot to return that screen that doesn’t fit the door and I think it might be too late.
- Uh-oh… We’re out of bacon!
That last one is particularly bad. Bacon is almost a religion in this house.